Friday, November 14, 2008

Bride Hunt Part 1

Mum Calls up from India and tells me to go meet Dad he has something for me. The simple brain of mine thought new clothes yippee... So drop in to Dad's office monday morning

Me : You got something for me dad?

Dad : Yes ( takes tamil calendar and looks at the time)

( Am i missing something as usual the conversations at times with the family is not going anywhere)

Dad : its good timing now u can make the call

Me : Call to who

Now dads taken some papers out of a bag and gives me. Horoscope!!! Of some girl. Right so i am suppose to call and talk to these people.

Dad : So call them

Me : now?

Dad : before the good times over

me : uhm what do i ask them (like my hobby is calling random people up and asking them to give their daughter in hand to the brother)

Dad looking clearly pissed and says the usual when are u going to be responsible. So i call mum up.

Mum : talk to them even the name matches i have such a good feeling about this

Me : are u sure its not odd to just call up like that

Mum : Its an April wedding, we need to get our shopping done too. hurry up

Me (well whatever the reason is with a free shopping spree thrown in, i was ready to call these people up)

Telephone rings and a man picks it up.

Me : (clearly sounding idiotic) I am calling u from blah blah its about your daughters horoscope

Man : She is married

Me : Uhm what

Man : yes she got married last month but there is a cousin.

( now i am signalling dad she is married there is a cousin, dad looks pissed and tells me to hang up)

Dad : call your mum up and tell her to stop praying that your brother gets married to the girl who is already married .

(that took me two minutes to understand right, call mum up explain siutation)

Mum : I knew it, it was not meant to be i did not like the girls surname.

Me (@()$&*(@$*(@))

7 comments:

Lady divine said...

that was really funny!
but no no.. I shouldn't be laughing..
Your parents are a bit like me mum... making the elder do a lot of things..

anyways, your mum sure is a fun character, ain't she? :)

Lets hope your bro finds a good bride..:)

and that you face better situations in the bride hunt..:)

take care

FINroD said...

OMG HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....... parents !! 8-) i ask u... they are CRAAAZZZYY!!!!... im fricking 22 and my moms already bugging me about when im gonna find a nice girl and settle down.. sheeeeesh

Anonymous said...

Itz alwayz pain when we born in TAmil family.

I often wonder why I can't take my own bride ????

Anonymous said...

HA HA HA.....

Sach said...

Ahahahahahahahaha! You cracked me up!

santhoshi said...

My mum is hilarious at times, there are more posts coming up with the idiotic events that have been leading up.

Jack Point said...

ha ha ha, super stuff. This is better than a sitcom!.