Friday, October 9, 2009

Rooster Tales!

Was happily sleeping when the power went off last night. I guess we were the lucky ones who got it back again for about ten minutes and no power until just a few hours back. The mosquitoes were having a field day. Was drenched in sweat as if working out.

Tried to convince myself not to complain for power failure for half a night and be spoilt and to think of the people who dont have power all the time. After convincing failed since i am spoilt, was lying awake and counting mosquitoes i mean sheep.

Spot on at five twenty our neighbours rooster started crowing (i think thats the word?)

DH : what the hell is that

Me : our neighbours rooster

DH : when did the neighbour get a rooster

me : He has had it for ages it crows every morning at five thirty.
(god men i tell u they dont even notice the rooster call in the morning since they are snoring and fast asleep)

Rooster was crowing non stop like for half hour. I think he was really affected by the power cut, not Dh but the rooster.

DH : I am going to throttle the rooster, tell it to shut up.

Me : i cant speak rooster language. U cant throttle it since we are vegetarian and we cant kill animals ( except mosquitoes that does not count anyways)

Dh looked ready to throttle me, it was time to get out of bed. Peeped out the rooster crowed a bit more when it saw me. Surely it could not have got frightened?

6 comments:

Lady divine said...

oh man! a rooster? I can only imagine how annoying that must be!

Gadgetgirl said...

Oh talk about thee power cuts last night. Hell Hell was the climate. Sheez!

Anonymous said...

HAHAHA! Counting mosquitoes.Oh man! reminds me of so many powerless nights in Chennai!Nice post! :)

And he din't know abt the neighbours rooster? yennapa idhu?

Typical I guess! Hubby sees me smile at someone downstairs and asks...athu yaru? and I have to remind him that they live in our building! tch! Men!

INDY

santhoshi said...

Ld- it is so annoying today the rooster woke up late and has been crowing until now

Gadget Girl- It was so hot yesterday after the heavy rains before that

Indy - Yes exactly the same thing happens to me. he has no clue who lives down the lane.

Hoot-a-Toot said...

LOL! loved the post.

santhoshi said...

Surani: :)