Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Pigeon Island - Trinco Diary

There is this tiny island that u can see right across the sea from nilaveli beach. The resort has its own boat but there are some private guys having their own boats u can negotiate a reasonable amount and make the trip. Early morning around eight is ideal time to get there. Sadly there are no pigeons only crows (wonder why its called pigeon island). u can walk around the island climb rocks and snorkell.

Snorkelling is best done on the other end of the island which is like a small walk. Since the end you get off is always having people being dropped off. I cant swim at all but I did try my hand at snorkeling and it was amazing.

There was so many coloured fish and beautiful corals... wow... Nothing like the hikkaduwa in the glass bottom boat. There are beautiful shades of corals. Nearly had a heartattack when there was a huge fish which appeared right at my face. I think the sea life looks huge with goggles. I screamed spluttered water and i think the fish had a fright too...

There was this one fish which i cant get out of my mind pure white and glass like. somehow stuck in my mind...

Had to stop the bit of snorkelling after friends started discussing different deaths in the sea.......

2 comments:

The Good Witch said...

Give us some pictures girl!!

santhoshi said...

dont laugh but i did not take any photos but have got a friend who promised to send some :) so when i get it shall do...