Monday, January 31, 2011

Purple Hibiscus

This is the book that had me captured for the past few days. The authors name is quite long Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie. Her writing has so much depth and captivating is the word. The beauty of Nigeria, the culture of people, the suppression of people in the name of religion. I could go on and on. Beautiful book.

This author had been at the literary festival in Galle. Lucky the ones who got to meet her. I did not get to go this year either. Maybe next year!!

4 comments:

Angel said...

We can only hope...

Lets make a pact to go next year?

Hoot-a-Toot said...

I'd join you guys!

Sigma said...

I read this a few years ago, picking up a copy in Nigeria - loved it!

ladybug winks said...

Purple Hibiscus, such an evocative book, makes you paint a picture of the beauty and the pain that's so well described by the author. Such depth!!