Saturday, February 9, 2008

Going for a Walk!

Since starting off on my New Year resolution of keeping fit, decided to go for a walk down Independence Square in the morning. I had conveniently forgotten that there is something going on at BMICH and most roads are closed. Anyways get to Independence Square at six thirty there is very few people walking and very less women, like there was a ninety percent drop in the number of people who usual do walk (have gone walking here long long ago).

Was just driving around and around the area and got stopped to be checked (surely must have looked suspicious, well I was trying to see if it was ok to walk). Anyways the square is full of stray dogs and I am very scared of stray animals (even if it’s a cat). They started barking at me and that totally put me off trying to walk there. So got back home with nothing done (seems to be the usual case these days).

Went down marine drive to check if walking is possible there, it was also quite deserted and there are some stray dogs there as well. The thing with these animals is they bark at you if u look at them (I think they see the fear in my eyes or something). So now the walking business in the City of Colombo is dropped temporarily until there is more of a crowd of walkers gathered at any point (my excuse is genuine and not some disguise owing to laziness or so I say!).

3 comments:

Lady divine said...

umm...im not sure of the morning, but evenings,Marine is quite safe and nice to walk... coz altenatively i jog on Marine or on the beach down kinross upto wella and back..

But in the morning, you could walk around Marry Brown passing Global towers and towards the station or to wella and back.. it's sort of safe around there... but better if you can find a partner to walk with...

Jack Point said...

A case of the city going to the dogs eh?

santhoshi said...

LD I am really scared of going anywhere in the evenings. Maybe will do if i find a partner to walk with.

Jack point: Thats a good one:)