Monday, February 18, 2008

The Rain, A Tree and a three-wheeler

Went to Keels on Saturday evening in the pouring rain. When trying to pull out the car noticed the security guy giving instructions to the car in front to go the other way. Duplication Road is a one way and was getting annoyed that Silly Security guy does not know anything. Get to the cashier and think that I am being really smart and tell him “security guy is new is it, why is he trying to be a panditha (know it all)”. Cashier just had this funny look said nothing nor smiled. By this point anyone with common sense would have realized something is wrong.

I tried to turn the car and saw this huge tree fallen on middle of Duplication road and covering the whole road from left to right. In between the branches of the huge tree I could see a three-wheeler smashed. I just stood there for a few minutes and the car behind gave an annoyed tooting.
I think at that moment the cold chill that spread through my heart was more of fear like oh god what if it had been me. There were cops around and quickly asked the security guy if the driver was ok. He said he jumped out. The way the auto looked I don’t know how he managed to do that, I hope he did. Took a detour and saw another tree fallen near duplication road. The wrath of nature can be so fierce and have disastrous consequences. I have been so bothered by the whole episode..

2 comments:

Lady divine said...

oh man, that sounds terrible! In fact it was raining really hard yesterday too all of a sudden and the roads were flooded and in a pretty bad state! Still the country is said to be developing and they can't even manage to keep up with a good drainage system! sigh!

santhoshi said...

Hi Ld. The drainage system is so bad they really need to do up most of the roads and drainages.