Friday, November 14, 2008

Changing History!

Shopping at Arpico with mum, woman keeps smiling at me. Smile back (since i am polite)

Woman rushes over : u are the girl who use to steal my chicken sandwiches

me (WTF is she on about)

Woman : Remember in bridgets nursery....

(bloody hell i dont remember stealing sandwiches and i'd rather not be reminded since i have kids.... ARGHHHH)

Mum rushes over from the VIM counter : She was in Bridgets i remember .. and u ate chicken, u have sinned (ok mum should u not be telling me off for stealing someones food since u did not give me proper food but u are more concerned about eating meat)

woman : this is my number we have to catch up

Me ( dont think so).... fake smile ( i have also turned into one of those). Hear a whole load of crap upto union place about eating chicken. Oh if u were wondering what thats about we are vegetarian, its forbidden to eat meat. These days i have given up my five year old tendencies of stealing food. I am vegetarian instead.

Mum with steely voice : We need to talk about something

Do i have a choice here.

Mum : I have studied in Bridgets and gone to university.

(WTF again, mum went to some wierd sounding local school and dropped out of school in grade seven as far as i remember)

Me : What are u on about

Mum : U have to maintain this story now that i am getting a daughter in law.

Me : Mum are u mad? we cant make up some stories about your past and i am not playing a part no one will. Next u are going to tell me dad was in Yale uni.

Mum : Oxford

I parked the car and turned around looked at her.

Me : Dad talks about walking without slippers at the age of fifteen and tells us to be thankful that we are having too many slippers every time we meet. where the hell is oxford coming into this. U better stop this nonsense right now.

Mum trying to hard to cry and obviously the boru tears not coming threatens to tell my kids about the sandwich stealing.

Where in my adult life did bargaining with my kids go into my mums hand and i am in square one again.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha! Ha! You are funny.Wonder, how did I missed your blog all these days.

N/A said...

That was funny. Peace!

Jack Point said...

Looks like April fools day dawned early for you...:)