Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Full fit

My days of shopping for clothes are over. I am a new leaf. All this I owe to a middle age lady with a bad mouth and good smile. She just knew how to cure me from my odel, cotton collection and WI fashion days. Almost like therapy from hitting the shops. My search for one has always extended over the seas to India. Found the perfect tailor. Laugh at me all u want but I got all the blouses and shalwar kameez stitched only in India for some notion in my head that its perfectly done only there.
How wrong I was, the days lost waiting for a relative to bring the stitched dresses which are transferred from one cousin to another’s. By the time they do arrive, the style is gone. Just like the perfect hair dresser, the laundry man and the aerobics instructor (ok never mind that have not been making it to the class). The perfect tailor who makes u look great is a must.
Head on to Padmini Tailors at Orchard Building. If any of u have any other good tailors please do leave their contacts. I am done with buying ready mades for good. All these years wasted when I good have got it stitched in my unique designs. As M (best friend) put it to carry one with that “hippie child” look.

1 comment:

Foxhound said...

Getting stuff tailored can be a really good idea. I've only done it for a few trousers though.