Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Getting the new Passport

Went to get the passport at borella yesterday. Very efficient service Was in and out in fifteen minutes to hand over my documents. the lady at the counter told me to come back in three hours to collect. was very pleased with myself.

Get back at four thirty, mum calls and says thats its too late maybe i should leave it to the next day. Walk in and see huge crowds of people in counters. Hemm wonder why such a rush. Stand around and realise there has been some printing delay so all passports will come out slowy. Decide to sit down. The BO there is worse than the house of fashion. Sat down and was people watching.
The Cute dad who had brought his cute kid and was attending to her very well.
The husband and wife who were fighting and bickering endlessly.
The young boy who was chatting up the young girl who was in front of him.
Uhm me who was talking to this lady who is planning to migrate with her family to australia.

They call my number out after a good two half hours or more and i rush to the counter to collect my passport. It was a moment of such delight. I almost grabbed someone elses passport. . . Its my luck that i had to go in on a bad day. Reasonably the office is fast and efficient. Oh well....

3 comments:

Serendib_Isle said...

Oh the new passport.

I usually can’t wait to get the first visa stamp; and then can’t wait till I fill up the pages... again.
;)

Anonymous said...

In losangles you will have to stay outside the hot californian sun to collect the passport.

be happy with sri lanka where we have a roof on top our heads

santhoshi said...

Serendib- i ll have to wait until july to think about stamping the passport :(

Anonymous- right i really did not know that. Thought only the embassies in sl make people wait in th sun.