Saturday, April 25, 2009

Voting and more!

The day has begun with random calls of not how are you? but who did u vote for?

Brother calls up and asks if i have voted yet.

Me; hemm not yet. who did u vote for

B : a buddhist,a hindu and a muslim... (ok i am impressed did not think b was that patriotic)

Friend : why did u not vote men. I voted for who my dad told me to vote for have no clue who they are. (mind u this is not a eighteen year old but a 32 year old with two kids)

new assistant trainee : i voted for who mummy told me to (she is eighteen so no comments there)

DH who is out of town and is not here to vote calls and insists i go vote for whoever i feel like. Thanks

Dads out of town mum looks a bit blank i think she has forgotten that today is voting day.

My collegue was the best yet " i went voted and cancelled it out and came"

Nanny : I need to go early and vote ( i doubt she is going to vote but wants a half day off)

Me oh well i am going out for a bit of shopping...

6 comments:

realskullzero said...

...and then come back and vote?? lol

Lady divine said...

friend cancelled the vote? lol

I hate voting.. but was forced to by the mother! I don't know what I did.. but it was such a waste or paper! and time...

Bimmy said...

I canceled my vote too.

I went there thinking I will vote for one fellow who actually have gone to my college (I know, it is lame). But then once I went there and got my pinky marked and all, they handed over the voting slip to me. It was easily two feet long and about 20 political parties on it.. I just got so disappointed with it I thought I'll cancel it out.

Rajaratarala said...

I voted and I blogged the whole process just to help those who maybe curious. I had an alarming thought about secret ballot...

Anonymous said...

I would be extremely disappointed if you didn't vote! I did! :)
DD

Serendib_Isle said...

I’m sure someone else would’ve voted on my behalf since I’m out of the country – we silly Lankans take care of one another, you know...
LOL