Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Last week!

The last one week has been an eye opener of sorts for many things. Sent some milk powder and biscuits for the IDP, with help from B. I am taken aback when I asked some people for help and they were disinterested.

In a turn of events talking to a very close friend I was shocked when she suddenly asked me " As an indian what is your view on the war"

Before i could open my mouth and answer hello i am sri lankan, she went on about how we (indians) should mind our own business. She also continued The IDPs who are crossing over if one gets shot in a family so what its not such a loss. The tamils in sri lanka have too many rights in holding properties and went on to attack that most of us are moral less and quoted gossip stories about different people who are having affairs blah blahs.

I should have opened my mouth and argued that gossip stories are there in every race. (can i really use the word race here) It does not make me moral less. But i didnt i kept quite. this is a one off story but i think i got very affected since its someone who i have been very close with...

4 comments:

kalusudda said...

It is alright not to bark back at a bitch but may be you can explain to her how you felt later when she is a bit human. This war will never end in true sense until we see all as equal human beings.

Serendib_Isle said...

hmm. The war could be over but the effects will remain for a long time to come. One of which would be the blame-game...

I sincerely hope that we could all be just Sri Lankans..!

Indyana said...

That was bad! Perhaps you should have said something to clearher misconceptions, but sometimes people like this won't listen!

Hoot-a-Toot said...

Oh well....there will always be people like her.