Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Naming and re-naming!

Its almost the year end. What a horrendous year it has been and am i glad its over. In the end of last year after an astrological meeting my mum made me add a h in my name. My mom is with the astrologer every week like a hobby trying to figure out the betterment of our life. He is full of ideas and the last bright idea was changing my name.

I laughed it off and ignored it. Mum was in argument that she named me that she could change my name. She had rights. I argue that i am an adult that nobody but myself should change my name if i chose to. Anyways whatever u do u know how mom is always right.

In a moment of sheer desperation i added an H in my name and complicated it. Was teased enough with everyone huffing with H in my name and pronouncing it wrong.

H was suppose to bring me harmony, happiness, health, hope and a home. For all those who are laughing (i am laughing too so its ok u can laugh), i added the H thinking i will find it.

Yesterday i was feeling helpless, hopeless and a lot of hatred with life(horrible too if i may add). It was a light bulb moment. I decided to take off the H. I did not huff about it i silently took it off.

If u are adviced to add an extra e in your name for excitement,energy trust me u will end up feeling like an eejit in the end of it.

Mums changed her name too and it sounds all wierd. I am not going to upset her by my announcement of dropping the h. It was silent when it came and it shall leave with a blog post in honour of it..

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh no poor you!! Good on you for deciding to change your name back to its original!! Only you have the power to influence your happinness

~ lo$t $oul ~ said...

I'm confused... whts ur name again..!?!?! :P

Hoot-a-Toot said...

Oh Santhoshi without the H...how I love your wit! Yes I did laugh...forgive me ;)

santhoshi said...

thanks anon and u are right

Sue - i want u to laugh and u are forgiven :)

LS - I am unable to publish your comment some error is appearing. To answer your query before was santhoshi and after was santhoshhi but i went to the before. Ipo clearah?

santhoshi said...

ls - sorted out the error n published the comment hope u are not more confused now

Anonymous said...

I think it's a new thing that these jyothishi's have come up with...even bolly wood seems infected by the name changing bug! But, don't worry, first of all nobody wants to remain in a sad rut, so if u focus on changing it, slowly but surely it will!

INDY

Lady divine said...

interesting. Never knew this.

I know a friend who told me this story once. She was apparently bad luck for any business her family had. Her father had opened a shop in her name and the business was bad it seems.

So then an astrologer had asked her father to change her name on the business name board and they added a another letter and things apparently turned around.

Strange but these happen too I guess..


I remember an astrologer once asked my mum what my name was.. and then suddenly shook his head and said "she has too many I's in her name.. that means she has a bad temper"...

and my mum just nodded!

Serendib_Isle said...

LOL. Good you dropped the letter. Your name is just perfect and meaningful as it is.

President Premadasa also consulted someone and added an H to the name of our country: Shri Lanka - and of course it never worked! Was supposed to bring HIM good luck. Heh he.

Anonymous said...

That's so funny! I think that was the right way to do it! Silently! :)

Dee said...

http://colomborantings.blogspot.com/2009/12/free-tee-d.html :)