Friday, December 4, 2009

Getting Made up!

So there I was at a family function and saw my brother walking right past me and asking a cousin where I was.

The cousin said why she is here. Brother looked at me startled and said hi and had a chat and went off. Poor B he must be losing his eye sight thought I. In a growing wiser moment i was wondering how we are going to find him a bride with the eyesight going too.

Later this week the pics were up in face book. So i was looking at the cousins and there was a woman i did not quite recognise. Why on earth have they tagged me as her. Whats happening with the world i wondered. After two whole minutes i realised all the picture of the woman were tagged as me. Holy Cow it was me. Damn damn i was made up to the nines that i could not recognise myself. I looked like a prize cow. Ok ok not a cow should not put myself down. I had a ridiculous amount of make up on, like the whole salons worth of face powder on me.

Then i realised in the hurry of getting ready i had taken off my contacts and gone tp the salon got myself made up. Checked it in bad lighting with no lens. Decided i looked a right babe (but om true sense blown it by looking like jojo the clown). Paid money for this crap. Never in my life am i going to get made up at a salon again!

By the way trust me when your cousins say oh u look great with that fake smile dont trust them. Always check the mirror befor u step out with your glasses on.

8 comments:

Lady divine said...

hahahahahaaa

well some salon make-ups can be frightening ya know... i wonder what they see in applying SO much of foundation and all.seriously

28strawberrygirl said...

ha ha - I know how you feel! Somehow the lighting and atmosphere at the salon makes you think the makeup is amazing and it is only when you get out or when you see pictures later on that you realise how fake you looked. I learnt my lesson once - and now stick to doing my own makeup!!

Scrumps said...

LOL! Awww! Paavam! I haven't thankfully had my make up done for a Sri Lankan function by a make up artist! Poor thing! :)

Serendib_Isle said...

Hah ha ha, at least now you have another story to tell your grand-kids one day!

Hoot-a-Toot said...

LOL. Why do these things always happen to you Santhoshi dear? I checked out the pics I think you were talking about. Hey they are not too bad!

Cadence said...

haha! I got myself made up at a salon once for a function and maaaan did i have to hold the reigns on them where the gunk was concerned!
They LOVE lathering it on!

Jack Point said...

If they don't put enough stuff they probably don't think they are giving value.

I remember seeing girls with bright pink circles on their cheeks:)

santhoshi said...

Ld- they get loads of foundation free i think

strawberry - me too i am going to do the makeup myself

scrumpy- u should try it ;)

SI- :) grandkids dont give me a heartattack now

sue- i untagged myself so maybe its the other pics where i have done the makeup myself :)

cadence- they are like this painters with a free canvass and loads of paint. In then end no art but anyways

Jp- Pink circles on the cheek, i plead guilty that was jojo the clown!