Thursday, January 21, 2010

The confusion and my Vote!

In the last week alone every day i have changed my mind about my vote. Today DH was kind enough to point out that i should have decided my vote in December and ended the conversation with his views on the elections.

Friends, family, cousins, colleagues, tailor, maids, drivers all have so many different views on it.

My moms friend and my mom were having a conversation that went like.

Friend : You do realise we are the minorities.

Mom : U are not Tamil know, so u are not minority

Friend : at times of this all minorities should get together and vote as one

Mom : u are not Tamil know

did u notice how the conversational thread had no link. Yes this is how all the over fifties converse. Aunty is a burgher for all those who are confused.

I am going to vote surely since every vote makes a difference. R says lets go waste it. Why waste it, i have another five days to get confused more about it. Another coffee at barista and still not sure...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Spoiling your vote is an indirect way of supporting MR. Cast your vote for a change that Sri Lanka desperately needs!

Jack Point said...

hear hear, Anon.

ViceUnVersa said...

He he he...
I should have contested no?
My manifesto:
make love not war!
legalize weed.
MD weed jam, pickle and chutney.
Everyone's stoned and chilled out!
Peace!

Hoot-a-Toot said...

I am actually sort of thankful that I can't vote this time. I cahange my mind about these two every hour or so too and I think both are in the same boat.