Thursday, January 7, 2010

Three Idiots- Hindi Movie at Majestic

A really good light hearted movie. I laughed so much and there were moments that make u think. There were moments which made me tear. A must watch and a good one for the year. It was taken very realistically of some colleges and students in India. Could easily identify myself as one of those college students who had a few gods pictures and praying inside the hostel room in the mornings. Its with English subtitles so well worth the watch. Its three hours long but you wont feel it go by. The last show is at eight pm.

I was doubtful about going for it but after reading its the highest grossing bollywood movie of the year and everyone going on and on about it. Had to go check it out myself.

The story is slightly related to chetan Baghats "Five point Someone". Have not read this one but read one of his other books and must mention he is one of the best promoted new authors in India. His publishers have done a great job of having his books promoted in most bookshops, well displayed and also sold for very cheap affordable prices.

3 comments:

Hoot-a-Toot said...

I love hindi movies...but hubs hates them. so I guess will have to wait for the DVD

santhoshi said...

You ll love it sue. let me know when u do.

Anonymous said...

It was such a fun movie to watch! Every character was well played, I felt! Right from that Chatur Ramalingam chap to Phunsuk Wangdu(Rancho)! And Ladakh looked absolutely amazing-must have been great on screen! :)

INDY