Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Questioned!

It was another hurried trip to chennai on work. After passing immigration I was slowly walking towards the escalator. When I heard a voice saying excuse me. I turned around to find a disheveled looking guy walk up to me. I turned and kept walking he kept shouting excuse me excuse me.

so i turned around and did the next best thing. I shouted " go away"

By then the guy was close he said " stop or i will call security"

Hemm wait a minute arent the lines all wrong here. Shouldnt it be me saying these lines.

Guy " Why did u not stop when I told u to stop"

Me : " Who are u? Go away"

Guy : " I AM FROM THE CID" ( a few passengers turned and looked at me)

Me : " What CID I thought u are a baggage carrier asking me to carry stuff"

Cid was looking quite angry at this he turned red ( u know how brown skinned people turn kind of wierd brown )

Me : Show me your id

CID : Show me your passport and tickets or u are going to be in trouble.

Really i could relate to shah rukh khan i wanted to get up and scream " I am Santhoshi and I am not a terrorist"

I was so angry but with trembling hands gave my passport, I nicely asked him to show me his id and he did not. He looked at me as if I was mad. Although I was putting a brave face I wanted to burst out crying and I was very embarassed and scared.

He gave back the travel docs and was like " u have some nerve not to stop when we ask u to anyways can i have your visiting card"

Me : i dont carry a visiting card

Him : Whats your mobile number

Me : I Dont carry a mobile

( you know how like in the movies the mobile starts ringing.I really wish the ground would open up and swallow me. U know it must be one of those emergency calls where the nanny wants to know whether to give the kids milo or milk?)

I was thinking Why me?

He burst out laughing and said go we'll keep in touch. (what kind of nonsense is that)

I ran up the escalator quickly and looked down to check where this guy was and there he was looking straight up at me.

Rushed into coffeebean at the upper level and ordered a sandwich and the guy in the counter said No bread. asked for a croissant there was no croissant. This was more like how my life usually is.

Baggage carriers : Everyday travellers who carry stuff to and from india. They trouble any single passenger asking if they would like to carry stuff for about ten dollars.

7 comments:

Angel said...

OMG!!!! O_o I have nothing else to say... nothing!

Serendib_Isle said...

LOL. So he wanted your mobile number?

Jack Point said...

Ha ha rather funny. Was he really from the CID? Does'nt sound like he was.

santhoshi said...

angel - life in paradise

SI - yes must be to keep in the most wanted list

Jp - he was, cause i called up my whole extended family and ranted and raved. after you pass immigration these guys are there to check it seems. I must have that suspicious look

~ lo$t $oul ~ said...

wht??? are u kidding me?!?!? they cant hussle ppl like tht?!?!?!?

Penny Says said...

weird people...not to worry...hugs...

Hoot-a-Toot said...

LOL! hmmm echo Serendib Isle. You sure he was CID?