Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Going the wrong way!

Last evening was a mess trying to get home. I leave Fort at 5 pm and just get stuck near the Hunters Roundabout for a good 15 mins. Then get on to Mudalige Mawatha and traffic is stand still for good half hour. Parts of main fort for blocked I think some protest not really sure. The one way is made into two ways and you are suppose to figure it all out and wait in traffic. Managed to reach home so late………

That reminds me of an incident with a grandma about two months back. I was driving down Thurstan Road and see a mini minor with a grandma driving in the wrong direction looking very confused. So pulled up in the middle of the road in front of her stuck my head out and told her that this is one way. Grandma looked very annoyed and shouted to me to get out of her way and I was going the wrong way. Tried explaining her that this was the new road system. But she would not have any of it and said something about mad drivers on the road. Uhm that must be me the mad one. By then the cops had come and took over explaining to the very angry looking old grandma. Maybe she had just come back from abroad or maybe it’s a natural thing. The other day I tried to turn the wrong way onto Galle Road……..

2 comments:

Azrael said...

Well grandma must have been driving way before any of us and probably has right of way :D

BTW Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging

Cheers

santhoshi said...

ha ha That was a good one. Thanks for the welcome :)