Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Real Women!

The Cotton Collection Real women campaign is quite interesting idea. It reminds me of the Dove Shampoo campaign in India, but only difference is I think in India they had got normal women(not models, celebrities, or socialites) to Model. The Real Women in this campaign are well known and not normal average women (they are always featured in the photos of all the social gatherings). It would have been a big hit if they had used someone unknown to people. In the sense professionals, moms at home and I don’t know the average clientele which visits the shop all the time.

If I am not mistaken the ad for our forces, one of the girls is actually working in that particular force. It made it more real because the person who was wearing the uniform and doing the ad actually well deserved to wear it. No point getting Anarkali to wear an uniform and do the ad.

5 comments:

Lady divine said...

I've been so caught up with studies and work that I didn't get a chance to see this campaign yet! Sigh!! can't wait for exams to be over tomorrow eve...:-) I'm exhausted already..

I'm totally with you on the last one.. but there are instances where unknown figures can be used, and this sometimes bring a strong connection depending on what the background and objective of the communication plan is....

Hope u r all ready for the season..:-) Early greetings to you..:-) and your family..:-)

santhoshi said...

You will see bill boards of shyamali, anithra and minoli all over town. Speaking of getting ready i have forgotten to put out the christmas tree. Seasons greetings to you as well :)

Antony said...

There are several attractive women whose primary profession is not modelling. The Dove soap campaign in India used such individuals. In the television commercials, the treatment of the message was conversational, which is what gave it the 'real women' impression.

I loved that campaign... Finally, there were some models whom I could identify with!

Are you familiar with how Surf created the stereotypical middle class housewife called Lalithaji?

santhoshi said...

I cant remember lalithaji, which ones that. When i think surf i think the kids ad. I really love those ads.

Antony said...

http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/catalyst/2004/02/26/stories/2004022600030100.htm