Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Weekend with Jazz

The weekend just flew by with me doing my favorite stuff. That is absolutely nothing work related or home related. Met up with friends for coffee at Café Du Monde. I had never been there before and I must say the salads and breads are superb.

Sunday morning was invited to join a bunch of friends going for the Jazz Festival at Mount. Well I have never been to a Jazz festival was quite excited and worried about it. I wasn’t sure if I would enjoy the music but decided will not know if I don’t go. Looked at the ticket it said six to eleven. Left home at seven get to the road leading to hotel and get stuck in major traffic. Was slightly worried that I am missing out the jazz and there won’t be any seats.

The cars were moving and snail pace and there was such a big crowd. But this was not for jazz but for some party or music show at Mount Berjaya. Anyways got to the Mount Lavinia hotel at eight. Got to the terrace and there was no one on stage so I guess when they say six they start later (note to be remembered for future festivals). The ambience was just great. Then the four guys turned up and started playing, they were really good. It was one superb evening…..

3 comments:

Lady divine said...

Nice to know that u r having a great time..:-)
and about Cafe Du monde, I haven't quite dined there yet... but I've had their fresh juice, and it was great... :-)

crystal flame said...

where in colombo is cafe du monde? been away too long from home and no idea where all these new places are :S

santhoshi said...

LD : try out the breads and pastries:)

Crystal flame: its in havelock road next to pg martins toy shop.