Monday, March 30, 2009

Milling the MIL

This is a long overdue post about the MIL. Have to thank my friend P who wanted to dedicate a facebook thread discussing the merit of the Mother in law. We have not got around to it yet but should be interesting.

Quoting another good friend DD s words " You think your MIL is bad wait until u meet mine"

My MIL cannot stand me from day one. Not that i am a perfect person but i have tried. I have tried so much but she has pushed me over the edge that i stopped it now. I know there are loads of mother in laws who get along so well with their daughters in law and treat them like their own kids. But not mine. She is nice and sweet when the son is around and i see a quick personality disorder when he is out of earshot.

I think the dislike comes from feeling of love towards your son. A feeling of territorial intrudership.. Three years of playing big happy families at my in laws was enough. I think it comes from not forgiving the woman who takes their son away from them. Then i suggest dont get your darling married keep them with you.. But i never did take him away did i they came and found me for him.

I have taken to advicing my mom every day to stay away from the daughter in law who we are still hunting for. Oops will i turn into one too when S gets married!! arghhh

whats your take on your monster oops mother in laws?

4 comments:

Hoot-a-Toot said...

Mine is great actually phew...she takes my side than the son's ;o)
But you are right...the best thing is to remind your self never to be like yours when your son gets married.

Bimmy said...

Come to think of it, it is the mother-in-law / daughter-in-law relationship that often goes sour. Not the mother-in-law / son-in-law isn't it?

santhoshi said...

Surani - thats great of your mil...


Bimal - good point! i think it has to do with girl power :)

Indyana said...

Well, ideally mine should be good as I have married in the family...but that in itself is the problem!

And why don't they get it that our hubby's are meant to love us! Sheesh!