Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Night Out In Chennai!

After a long tedious day of visiting relatives get back to the hotel with DH. I had absolutely done no shopping and was slightly worried about the state of my suitcase which was empty. Going up to the room we met some Wierdly dressed adults in the lift. oh right they were going clubbing to the night club at the hotel. We were staying at a fairly normal hotel.

Dh said lets go check out the club. Hemm after seeing the wierd people in the lift i was a bit skeptic, so told him to go check if it looks ok. He comes back looking quite excited, is it the chennai weather thats hitting his head, or being alone with me. He is like u have to see this!

Right i have seen a fair share of seedy nightclubs in chennai in my college days. well decided to go for it. Thank god i had packed one set of clothes appropriate for a night out with friends (which i never got around to doing anyways)

So we walk into the club there were like a huge number of bouncers outside. they looked thrilled to see us. Found out soon enough why. The guys out numbered the girls by one is to twenty at least. I am not kidding here. I could count less than ten girls ! The night club itself was impressive like in tamil movie style.

So we are quickly shown to this safe are (since thats where the girls with the guys are) to sit. Right in front of the dance floor. Dance floor is inhabited by a single guy dancing chennai moves to a hindi song.

Right so we just sat there and watched this lone dancer do his moves. After a good ten mins he leaves the floor and five girls start dancing. Immediately the dance floor is protected by eight bouncers and the guys are not let in. Right! by this time i was laughing at the whole situation. after the girls have done their only sole dancing for about three songs. Their boyfriends join them all to the song of "Singh is KING" after permission by the bouncers.

This huge guy comes up and smiles in this sleazy way and stamps my foot and leans over to the girl who is sitting at the other end and says something in here ears. she looks pissed off and turns the other way. then while leaving says sorry to me with sleazy smile again. Dh is pissed and gets up to tell him off. I pull him back since my foot was still in working order. we get up to leave.

Big Commotion breaks out with this girl pushing the same sleazy guy into the dance floor and beating him up with her handbag. Wow serious action time. Highlight for the night. Dh spoils it by pulling me from jumping and cheering her and out. oops all the couples have also had the same idea. We scramble into the lift and leave.....

5 comments:

ViceUnVersa said...

You made me fall off my chair with giggling!
The women to men ratio in any nightclub other than Brazil or in Uni I think is 1:20.
Anyways tx, I am still grinning!

Serendib_Isle said...

Reminds me of a dear friend of mine who hails from Madras. It’s so much fun to watch him imitating the movie moves on the dance floor! I just pictured him multiplied in to hundreds... Awesome!

Bimmy said...

Hilarious! Looks like Chennai club scene is a little more stressful than here in Colombo. But then again I haven't been to a proper Colombo nightclub in years, so.... ViceUnVersa is spot on about the women to men ratios. I guess that is why they let women enter free of charge.

He got beaten up with handbags? Brilliant! There’s your poetic justice.

Jack Point said...

Interesting.

Anonymous said...

chennai gals dont know to have fun and cannot let other to have either.
I gave up on chennai!