Monday, November 30, 2009

Making Mistakes!

Why is it that the human mind does not get alerted to signals of mistakes?

I have been doing the same muddle some mistakes over a period of time knowing that its not going to get me to a higher level. When the mind presses the alert button its like jumping a traffic light and going ahead anyways. Regret comes later but then its too late.

So how do we stop the mind from making mistakes. Do meditation (mind cant anyways stay at one place so that's out). Mediate (I am no Eric solheim and look where he went?). Patience(that's one character i was not born with or not going to develop in the near future). Learn from the mistakes (i think i learn and then do my own thing anyways).

I have come to the conclusion that my writing a post at least its out there in the open that I am in fact not perfect (as i have been assuming to be) and maybe someone will come out with a profound solution for my dilemma?

So whats your take on the mistakes u make ?
Do u learn or let it be.
Or are u also in a delusion like me that i am so right!

9 comments:

Hoot-a-Toot said...

We are only human Santhoshi dear! Hmmm I think I do learn from some mistakes and I do let some mistakes it be.....and sometimes I am in a delusion like you that i am so right! :o)

ViceUnVersa said...

Common sense helps a lot San! I have come to realise that 99.9% of the time everyone know when making a mistake. All of us have this red flag inside us that keeps waving. I guess if we always trust our judgement and stop that red flag we will seldom make mistakes. :) x

~ lo$t $oul ~ said...

I do a mistake, make my mind not to do it.. but then end up doing the same mistake in a different way.. i just leave myself.. feeling in a big w t f..?!??!

One wy i learnt patience is to play dead.. :) u dont see tht or hear that.give no mind to something that makes you lose your patience..

Lady divine said...

sometimes we tend to know when we're making a mistake. It's the decision we make at that point that counts...

If mistakes were done earlier, when the second time comes, I know better not to fall into the same pit most of the time...

don't think too much though..unless it's really serious or life threatening..

Anonymous said...

It takes a few times of messy repeating of the same mistake before I push myself strongly enough to work on stopping it! Don't worry santho...everything will be OK! just sit and think about it quietly and resolve to make matters work...it might be just the first step in a long internal process but don't give up!

INDY

LG said...

There are no mistakes in life ;-)

They are just options u took, given in a situation.

Just understand the situation, and let it go.

Gadgetgirl said...

Hmmm.
Thoughtful. Very.
I'd say the only person who never makes mistakes is the person who never does anything and also Strong people make as many mistakes as weak people. Difference is that strong people admit their mistakes, laugh at them, learn from them. That is how they become strong. :D Cheers.

santhoshi said...

Thanks dear friends for your comments..

Serendib_Isle said...

I guess we do stuff and later realise it was a mistake. The only exception in my case is the matters of heart - which I keep repeating knowing very well that it’s a mistake. ;(
Every other mistake is a lesson learnt. How good the lesson was, depends on the collateral damage really. :)