Monday, July 19, 2010

Chennai Days -1

I was back in Chennai for five days since I decided to take over the wedding planning for B myself. The wedding planner was left in the loop after she quoted some horrific amount. Seriously a business to start up for later days is wedding planning. They really charge hell of a lot.
For the first time this was a trip where I did not want to come back. There was loads of shopping for some 75 relatives and moi. (Yes the traditional south Indian wedding means all the relatives get new dresses, who said weddings come cheap)
I watched two movies Ravanan and Toy Story 3 in 3D at PVR the new cinema in Chennai. The cinema is just wow, we really need one of those here. With the nachos before i forget that.
Ate too much of good food, and down goes the diet with that. Brought sarees for the loads of function. Frankly only the wedding saree is nice.
Mum turned into a mumzilla and troubled me endlessly. First she insisted to pick a Saree for me and i looked like a lit chandelier gone wrong. Mum insisted it was modern and blah blah but looking at the mirror i looked like a dork. Thankfully common sense prevailed and the situation was quickly aborted with me saying no to the lovely salesman who was trying to palm it off. I did manage to buy a nice Saree which will suit me later on in the trip.
She was also behaving weird like randomly she would make her own plans in the middle of really busy work and waste like four hours.
In all of this we forgot to buy clothes for B the groom. Start of mayhem and madness..

6 comments:

~ lo$t $oul ~ said...

Tried leaving a comment.. which went missing.. :(

epudi chennai vaiel?

Bimmy said...

You could quite easily go overboard with weddings couldn't you? I have several friends who did that and later regretted when the dust settled.

Well, good luck with the shopping and the rest.

Hoot-a-Toot said...

LOL. You forgot to buy cloths for the most important person????

Angel said...

Sounds like you're having fun... and yes, we REALLY need a 3D theatre in SL! Aiyoo, it's one of my dreams to go saree shopping in chennai... yet to be realised!

santhoshi said...

Lost soul- Its suterikum veyil. then it just started pouring one evening and everything came to a stand still we were stuck in traffic for three hours.

Bimal - My parents are going a bit overboard since its a prestige issue or some crap

Hoot - We ll probably leave B behind and go for the wedding the way things are panning out :)

angel- ask me where to go when u do go in chennai I know all the places for sarees...
Maybe the 3d theatre will come in the next three years ;)

Gadgetgirl said...

chennai food. nyom. reealleh miss em'.