Friday, July 2, 2010

Mummy thought its an Earthworm!

Another poya day I was on the couch pretending to read and look busy. D screams for a bucket to play. I yell back to get one from the back yard.
Moments later, D is back with a scared look in her face.

D: mum i think there is a snake in the backyard
Me : hemm must be an earth worm D
D: its not an earthworm its a SNAKE
me : I am sure its a poochi (insect)

By now D is really annoyed with me and gives me a look which says it all. Anyway i jump off the couch and rush to the back yard to humour her a bit.

ARGHHHH a poisonous snake was having a good snooze in the backyard. God first the rats now the snake what not. So called help from the neighbours maid and disposed him off.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whos D ? and did you'l kill the snake ?

Hoot-a-Toot said...

:O Lucky D wasn't hurt! Mummy, before you jump into conclusions, ask how big the earthworm is! ;)

Amila Salgado said...

Snakes render a big service to keep pests such as mice at bay.