Monday, July 26, 2010

Weekend Woes!

The mobile rings really early in the morning and some lady asking if I am looking for a maid. I say no hang up and now the calls are coming in at a rate if I want a maid. This on a Sunday is not a good way to wake up. So quickly go downstairs and I get about 25 calls in Tamil and sinhala asking if I want a maid that they saw an ad. I put the mobile on silent and watch unknown numbers blink nonstop.
Mum turns up to have breakfast since she was alone this weekend with dad travelling. She shrieks your mobile is ringing why arent you picking up. So explain about this odd happening that i have been getting prank calls but its wierd.

Mum (looking Sheepish) : I put it up cause I want a maid
Me : ((*£"(&$^$) Wait Why did u put mine up if u want a maid
Mum : I thought u could make a note of all the numbers and names and we can call them up later.
Me : (yelling at this point) Do i look jobless to you mum seriously.
Mum gets pissed and drives off with a huff.

Recovery from the flu was quick then onwards.
Later I get a wierdo wrong number then the guy actually sends text with crappy messages like u sound sweet . I have decided to put a stop to it, I ll get him to talk to mum.

8 comments:

~ lo$t $oul ~ said...

SILENT MODE santhoshi.. :) its on tht always, return calls only when u want to :) simple...

thts how u get to enjoy ur sunday mornings hehehe

Hoot-a-Toot said...

Ha ha you really should get your mom to talk to that 'sweet talking guy' Real desperadoes!

Angel said...

Lol yes, let me know the reaction after he talks to your mum!

santhoshi said...

lost- Yes shall follow that like a prayer in future

Hoot and angel - I gave the phone to her and went to make a cup of tea and they were having a conversation. The friendly atmosphere turned vile after mum sweared at him in a barrage of bad words( yes my mum swears)... Argh now he is sending dirty messages. Mum lost her temper cause he asked for her number. moral of the story : how to get a situation into a mess

Bimmy said...

If you can see the number, try complaining to their mobile operator (usually you can tell which operator it is based on the first 3 digits on the callers phone number). A friend of mine did that once and the calling stopped within 5 minutes.

Gadgetgirl said...

Haaha.

not a good sunday morning.
innit?

~ lo$t $oul ~ said...

AHAHAH the saga continued ah?

Penny Says said...

hehehe..dont we all treasure those heavenly sundays...:))