Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Life with Sorrow and Happiness!

From the beginning of the New Year all I have done is attend funerals. Ranging from family to friends. It’s been a depressing start for the New Year. Hope the whole year does not stay this way. And seeing the different customs of funerals has depressed me further. Had the four year old asking what happens when we die? What indeed?

Frankly I have been thinking and bit worried about the state of my after life. At last going for a couple of weddings this week. Something to look forward to after all the funerals attended. So the saying is right that life is with joy and sorrow and we got to take it both equally!

3 comments:

Indrajith said...

Life is like this. You have to see life as it is. Death is the most common not the wedding. Everybody dies but does not get married. That’s real life
What is a new year? A new year starts from this moment, not only on January 1. we believe so only because the calendar start in January. So you have really attended all these funerals in the “last” year.

santhoshi said...

The point about a new year starting from this moment was well said. Strangely i think i have never thought of it that way and plan everything towars a first of Jan.. Thanks!

Indrajith said...

I dont know when I thought about it first, a few years back. Visited your blog only yesterday and found some posts very interesting. I am new to blogging and still learning- You can catch me at http://www.insightofravana.blogspot.com/