Thursday, September 17, 2009

Chennai Circus 1 !

So with the backpain and slipdisc prolapse all the works we took off early saturday morning. Anyone with the above pain can take a risk cause flying srilankan in and out will slip the disc right back to where it was. Take off was like on a roller coaster (gone wrong) landing was rain clouds (like this bumpy car ride).

I was in so much pain when we landed and was the last to walk out. B was wondering why i was walking like an aachi but was worried by the time we went to collect our luggage.

Yes i forgot the bit in the morning where my dad freaked out when he saw the size of my suitcase for two nights. it was big just in case u know there is an emergency or whatever...

Just after i landed the kids were missing me and crying for me and demanding me back (thats also part of my dream). They did call me that was only to insist that whatever happens they need a gift back each and were more well behaved than i am around. It was kind of wierd being without the bag and baggage (kids and DH). Just being with my brother B was painful for him since i was being difficult.

Chennai was hot dusty and gave this feeling of being back home but not really there. I always get that feeling when i land there. Went to temple and was accosted by the beggars and B was busy giving money and I ran off cause they can get violent and can grab your hands off. B called me wicked and bad. The beggars were chasing him all the way to the car even after giving them money...

10 comments:

~ lo$t $oul ~ said...

Oops forgot to tell you that CHENNAI is VERY DRY!!!

Hope u get better soon, quick stop to chennai is it??

INDY said...

Ah ! Madras nalla Madras !! Enna pa...wonder when I'll be heading there...a round of Spencer Plaza might do me some good right now! And ur back isn't ok yet? Seems it needs some more care!Take things easy!

She Who Eats Cookies said...

Believe it or not- but I live in Chennai :)
I would do anything to back to SL though- it's absolutely mental here! Why were you in Chennai? :)

DD said...

Weirdly miss going there. Not been for the past four years. Many happy memories other than the one time i got mugged in chennai! Got pushed down and clutched the laptop, got all my dollars pickpocketed. Thank god had TC's in laptop. Got away with a bruised nose and scraped knees. Immediatly went to airport and took next flight home!
Still India is wonderful, of not as much as the paradise isle!
PS: two friends called in the evening and one sms'd early this morning.
Jaya Shri Skanda!

santhoshi said...

LS- Went last weekend i am already back

Indy - back is so so. i think i am getting better. did not go to spencers (first time i did not go after landing in chennai cause of the back ache)

cookie - U live in chennai? oh ok.. u could have accompanied me to have breakfast at saravana bhavan went by myself. actually went for matrimonial purpose for my brother

Dd- u got mugged in chennai? which area... maybe at that time they did not know what a laptop is :)

Gadgetgirl said...

Chennai is HOT even in December. Sheesh. Get to Ooty and places. Its like Nuwara Eliya.

Anonymous said...

Hope the back is on the road to recovery..

Coz ur in jail. I mean tagged. :)

santhoshi said...

Gadget girl- indeed it is hot in dec

chaar - Road to recovery?

i did not get it until i read your tag.. Sadly have been kept off the road for two weeks but getting better and cant wait to be behind wheels soon...

She Who Eats Cookies said...

ahhhh saravana bhavan... good food :D
mmm might have that for breakfast soon :D
where else did you go?

santhoshi said...

went to city centre, landmark, then to the dhabba for lunch one day and lots of temples