Tuesday, September 8, 2009

So it breaks!

Last weekend i wrote a post about love and said something like going through pain...

The same night i set out to do the weekly shopping, get back home and bend down to pick up a bag. A shooting pain shot out from my back to my leg. I could not walk stand nothing. The severe pain was comparable to child birth (it was that painful). Quickly hopped and managed to take an ibuprofen and get to sleep. I was twisting and turning cause it just would not give. Woke up in the mornign to find my face swollen like a gorilla (no offence). Thanks to ibuprofen which i am allergic to.

Went to the doctor and he had diagonosed the beginning of a slip disc and put me in an awful lot of painkillers. its been a hard two days of physical pain which scares me. I made the kids meals and went into my room and cried in pain. It was terrible. I felt like my world had come to an end (yes i can be a tad dramatic). of course he has said no to aerobics, yoga, bending, twisting. He has said yes to walking but not right now.

LD has given hope that it does get better and i can start all activities after two months.. right now it looks hopelessly bleak..

11 comments:

Azrael said...

Ouch... :(

Get well soon!!!

:)

Scrumps said...

Awww!

Paavam! It will get better but do not over exert yourself!

Lady divine said...

rest it off and be very careful. It will get better..:) everytime you're down about it, let me know and I shall call you..:)

Take care and remember the tips I gave you..:) also get another opinion.

DD said...

17th Sep, Saturn in retrograde after the 17th hopefully things will get better! You take care.

Angel said...

Oh poor you!! *hug, hug, hug*!!

Don't worry, the pain will lessen and you'll be back to normal in a few weeks. In the meantime, get as much rest as possible, be careful how you get into and out of bed and make sure you have a firm mattress (not a sponge one). Oh and don't climb stairs more than you have to. If possible, stay on one level.

My mum slipped a disc when I was a kid... but things got better soon.

INDY said...

Santhoshi take care!This sounds very painful!I hope that you have help around the house as the back will need complete rest,I've heard! Hope you get well very soon!

~ lo$t $oul ~ said...

Hope you get better soon..

Dee said...

ohh my mother had this. At least you caught it prior to it getting full blown. Mum tried ayurceda + taking western medicine and she's fine one. touchwood ;) dont worry and be careful when picking stuff up ect.. oh and sleep on a hard mattreess

santhoshi said...

Thanks everyone. I feel much better after reading your comments... thanks so much

ViceUnVersa said...

Listening to early morning prayer and vedas as I type this. Kali Amman Haro Hara! Get well fast...

Jack Point said...

I'm sorry to hear that, plenty of rest will help, get well soon.