Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas at home Last Year!

Last year was a fun filled family event for Christmas. We had a great party with Secret Santa and many other games. While everything was covered for the event there was one hitch. We had no Santa ready, after trying to bribe all possible candidates who turned me down and refused to wear hired smelly Santa costume, I had to just make up an excuse.

The kids were of course bugging me will Santa come and trying to play the cool I have it in control said yes to them. Other cousins just looked at me with the eyebrow up but I thought lets deal with things at that time. Driving back after picking up last minute food I saw an auto with a bunch of guys and a Santa. No second thought there I put my shutters down and asked them if Santa can drop in for five minutes. The guys looked quite shocked and recovered quickly and nodded their heads. So gave my address . Stranger danger business right out into the air and I had invited a bunch of unknown people to entertain seven little kids.

Come seven pm the party was going on and on with no Santa in sight. The cousins were giving some smirky smile like where the hell is he. With a loud horning and beeping the auto arrives with Santa and his friends. Rush out to greet my new friends and oh boy oh boy!. Santa was high and flying along with his bunch of drunken friends and singing Carols off tune loud as ever. The small kids shrieked and screamed and ran inside. Some of the men ran in too. Oh boy oh boy Santa was coming way to close for my liking and I looked at DH and the fury in his eyes.

So he calmly took hold of the situation and politely asked them to leave. But no they wanted to join in the festivities and eat and dance with us. Especially with new friend me. Uhmm I nearly died ( I think have had near death moments far too many). So after a token gift to Santa of some cash they left. DH said nothing to me. I mean the kids screaming “Mummy/ aunty we don’t want Santa” and more weeping was enough to hit home..

5 comments:

Hoot-a-Toot said...

Kudos to hubby for not saying a thing! Wow! One crazy mama ha? ;o) and bad baaaaaaaaaaad Santa!

Anonymous said...

Wish you great xmas and a happy new year!

santhoshi said...

Surani- :)

Indyana : THanks wish u the same

Anonymous said...

greetings from alexandria, virginia. have a good holiday and enjoy the kids! I am having a ball! the kid absolutely loves it and wants to stay!
Lol
DD

santhoshi said...

Thanks DD great to hear u are having a super time. Merry Christmas to u too!