Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Jack Tree!

This is the new Thai Restaurant in town. Its down Park Road opposite Cargills. Jack Tree happens to be Mango Trees Sister ( i am sure thats not botanically possible but its a venture by the same people). The prices are like Mango Tree. The Ambience is great.

The food is ok. Then again I am sure they will make a big improvement in days to come. The Red Curry, Pad thai noodles and Rice was very good. The other dishes were ok. I guess any new restaurant will have its starting troubles. I am vegetarian so I wont be doing any justice by commenting about the food in general. I am sure the Non Veg Dishes should be really great...

Try it out as a new treat!

Whats with park road is it the new restaurant street?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi... I just spoke with my parents who are ushering New year's eve here. I did not know this place as I live in the US. Wanted to learn more and did a search on google and came across this blog. Thx for the info... Mango Tree is fantastic and I dined there last two times I visited SL. I am sure this place will also be great!

Heshan - USA

Bimmy said...

What will they think of next? “Bo tree” perhaps? :-)

But seriously, thanks for the tip. I love Mango tree food and I just adore Thai food. So shall check it out. But like you said, "As a treat" only... cannot afford to be a regular diner if the prices are like at the Mango tree.

What do you mean the “new restaurant street”? Are there any other good restaurants on Park Street?

Anonymous said...

if its good Thai food you want, you have got to go to Royal Thai at Trans Asia!
The prices are similar but the food so much better than Jack Tree.
I'm not saying Jack tree is not a nice place though...I wasn't wowed by the food
http://outforlunchwithnusc.blogspot.com/2009/01/under-jack-fruit-tree-aplogies-to-carl.html

santhoshi said...

Bimal- There is an Italian place down park street tried it out last week. Its nice but quite expensive more on it in another post.

anon - Loads of people were saying that its crappy. This is recent reviews. They need to improve...

Bimmy said...

As for Thai, Siam House is still my cup-of-tea. But certainly will check it out.. at least there should be ample parking available... get it? parking? it's park street?

:-p