Thursday, December 11, 2008

Marriage Mix-ups

The search for the bride for my brother has been progressing slowly but cant say steadily since I have not found anyone yet. Anyways to get to the point get a call from MIL (mother in law). MIL has been in an ardent extensive search for a bride for the BIL for some years now. She gets back from India after another one of those long searches and announces to me that its time we look in the “INTERNET”

I for some reason have not told my in law side of the family that B is on the net and we are looking. Now the way MIL was giving me the knowing look, I was bit confused but said mhem non commitally.

Anyways BIL is in the net put up by another cousin and I get all this forwarded proposals sent to me. So there I was with my hotmail box open and confused to the pits with who was whose proposal.

I mean how anyone gets into this kind of a situation. Do I steal some brides from here push it there and push some here. IS this some sort of a sign that I should become a marriage broker? God I will shoot myself if I have to read profile about a self obsessed Indian cow again.

Things need not get any messier since I had mailed the wrong stuff to the wrong people and lets just say there is a whole lot of confusion since I have not explained that I am now in fact handling two profiles. Now of course i am in a real accharu....

4 comments:

ViceUnVersa said...

tagged you on so this is xmas :)

Hoot-a-Toot said...

Love your blog...(found u through Lady D's blog)
Loved the posts on AMs. Added you to my bloglist. Hey, read somewhere in the blog that you are a 32 year old mum. So am I!

santhoshi said...

Vice - Started on it and not finished yet, like your books ;)

Surani - thanks :)

Anonymous said...

Ha ha.. that hilarious. Maybe you should start tracking them on an excel file or something. :-)