Sunday, November 8, 2009

Halloween With the Kids!

Last Saturday while I was busy doing something meaning sleeping but pretending to read. Where u are lying on the couch with a newspaper on your face. The kids announce they want to go trick or treating.

"Its Halloween mum, we have to go trick or treating"

Quickly did a check of the neighbours around. My up stair neighbour might have entertained the kids a bit and given them the sweets. The next door aunty G cant stand kids she always starts talking a few octaves higher when she sees anyone below three feet in height!

The front house has a Tamil family who always bang the gate shut whenever they see me, or run in with their kids when i step out. And for those who were wondering I am not Godzilla's sister.

The next house down the lane has an old man who is mentally unstable. The ones before i mentioned are quite sane infact. He always pretends he is in court and when he sees me always makes it a point to shout " She is guilty my lord". Again I am not a convict.

The ones behind might just decide that the beggars are dressed strangely and chase us away.

Now i did not want to dash the spirit of the poor kids. I did not want to risk being tricked. Kids can be smart and u can get into one or two sticky situations that u cant get out of. I told them we can trick or treat with the cousins later sometime. D is smart she wanted to fix dates. I was vague, i am smart too.

Later in the evening it was pouring like crazy so told them some spooky stories. Got caught out again with them since they started writing Santa's letters. D does not believe in Santa but writes a beautifully decorated letter without fail every december. She was cheeky to tell me that Santa might be busy with his job so she is sending it off earlier.

last year mrs.claus was not happy getting a letter demanding for the latest kids gadgematic two days before christmas. Mrs. Claus who was broke due to excessive shopping and had to spend her savings yet again to keep two kids happy.

Yes its christmas next month odel has started the decor with red carpet and all. On another note facebook was full of kids dressed in cutesy outfits trick or treating and visiting pumpkin patch in states and some other countries.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was a really nice post! And I guess at their age they would be excited by these things,but i guess the neighbours wud freak!!My teens still are big kids really...the dawter stepped out looking like a very emo vampire or something...dark kohl thickly laid around her eyes, devils horns and some other stuff! Eldest couldnt be bothered with all this but younger son went spooky house visiting in our area too! I guess it must all be fun...I just stuck at home! sniff!



INDY

Serendib_Isle said...

Hah ha ha, nice post! Out-smarting kids isn’t that easy these days... I’ve already got the hints from my kids too. ;)

santhoshi said...

Indy - I think i will be seeing that in a few years too. I ll join u in staying in at home then. kids grow up too fast

Serendib- you got hints too? I am very happy then .
kids these days! I dont remember writing a letter to santa at six. I could barely write at that age might be another reason

Hoot-a-Toot said...

Mines too young to write to Santa but would verbally tell us what she is expecting. Hope she takes the recession into consideration this time!

santhoshi said...

i tried explaining the recession they looked upset !