Thursday, November 19, 2009

Me and my Id!

Was having coffee with some friends, I quickly took my handbag to go to the counter.

Friend : why are u carrying your bag leave it..

me : My id is in there, I hardly leave it around

Friend : The things you tamil people have to worry about.


It made me think, yes i am so very obsessed about my wallet. What if it goes missing and i lose the id. Infact, i did lose it trying to do some charity that is another story alltogether.

My obsession with the id started as soon as i got back to colombo from college. I panic if i get into a car and i dont have my wallet. If you lose your id it is a long tedious process to get another one.
Although i am disorganised with everythign else and forget stuff, when i switch hangbags like three times a week i always remember the ID.

I think if there is an alarm or fire i would grab the kids and my id, maybe my passport too.

I think its an identity crisis! So my prized possesion is an id (thats so very sad!)

6 comments:

~ lo$t $oul ~ said...

lol.. its strange aint it.. how we tamil ppl have to eternally worry about having a ID at hand always.. SAD, but truth aint it.. :(

Hoot-a-Toot said...

Hey I do worry about my ID too but I am not Tamil. We seem to be stopped at all check points cause my hubs got a not so common make of a vehicle :o)

Serendib_Isle said...

Very often I forget my ID when I return to SL. I always carry my passport but the checkpoints are a real bother if you don’t have the ID. Technically, the passport should do (since one cannot have the latter without the former), but some idiots choose to hassle me for not having the ID..! And that, me being a Sinhalese. I guess the cops need to be trained to treat people with basic respect for one another. Right?

santhoshi said...

I think these days they are much better Serendib.. But anyways i get nervous when they stop me :(

santhoshi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gadgetgirl said...

LOL at your friend's comment. Am still laughing over attitude twoards ID's :P