Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Astrology, palm reading, tarots n crystal ball

I am really into astrology. Ignoring the fact that I have not seen any improvement with my life although the astrologer’s predictions have been spot on according to them. So I have spend the better part of my life getting the Hindu chart done then the Buddhist chart done and getting readings done. As if this was not enough my mum dragged me to get my life read from a palm leaf. Apparently my whole life is written on the palm leaf and he would read it out from that. He did read some stuff about my life but the whole thing where he keeps questioning me with an yes or no more or less helped him with the reading. He was correct about some important events in my life but then he said I would be in Australia by now and well settled.

About two years back I would read my daily horoscope every day before work. But then it was usually all wrong and the good days would turn bad and then I stopped reading. Now I heard about this tarot card reader and thinking whether I should go see her.

I still get a weekly forecast sent to my mail box by some unknown lady who says all this wonderful things like I am the next Bill gates. I suppose if some things will give us a positive edge in day to day activities its all right.

There was this one guy who wanted me to change the spelling of my name ( mum was really advising to change my signature) and I would not have it. Then santhoshi would be like Santhosheee I would end up sounding like a sheep or something. This guy read a load of stuff but seemed very pre occupied with something. Then I found out that the guy working for him had stolen goods from him. Was wondering why he could not predict that. Mum was having panic attacks when I mentioned this to her and said that by talking like that I bring bad luck.

When I was in England, an old lady once approached me and gave me a four leaf clover and told me some great things. End of it she asked me for five pounds and I was generous enough to pay her. My friend was having a fit about it and said that she was talking a whole bunch of crap and that I got pulled into it. At that point I was treasuring the clover thingy like a priced diamond. I was having a load of problems in life blamed it on the four leaf clover and threw the damn thing out of a window on a rainy evening. The whole scene just stays an imprint in my mind.

Does astrology and your star signs have a big impact with your life? Hemm I guess not you have to work hard to achieve things and take only the good things that your star sign says and ignore the bad stuff….

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://www.indastro.com/

Go to the site above. Really addictive. Quite accurate and gives you daily updates too.

Enjoy!

dhammika

Anonymous said...

Tarot card reader? In Sri Lanka? May I know who? I read, but not professionally. Just for my close friends. So I'd like to know what someone else reading for would be like.

Anonymous said...

I don't have a horoscope or anything but, have been approached by these soothsayers(at places like marina beach,chennai) and tried shooing them away! They manage to hang on and convince you that they know a lot abt ur life...and even tell u things from the past! I have been foolishly sucked into their sweet talk, and sometimes listened just to see what they say!Silly of course!

I've tried to comment here so many times but couldn't, I'm glad I can now!but at times they rae frighteningly accurate abt the past...cant say the same thing abt the future!

Lady divine said...

I was born in Abu Dhabi... and actually had 2 horoscopes! One made according to the time there...and another one made to the Sri LAnkan time... well, the correct one is the horoscope made to the Middle East time it seems..

my mum gets it read on and off... a bit is true....and some are not.. and the others are yet to be experienced...

BUT - there was this guy who reads palms.. and my mum had been going to him since she was 19!! she really believed him coz all what he predicted came true.. and tehen when I turned 18, she took me there.. all what he has said upto has always come true!!!

I only believe in him... even job changes happpened at exactly the times he predicted... it was awesome. I also took a lot of friends there and they were all satisfied except 2-3 ppl..

It doesn't work right for everyone.. but sad to say, he passed away last saturday and my mum's really upset about it.. and so am I... great man he was.. he even had a Ph.D in palmistry or something.. very learned..

Lady divine said...

oh and another thing.. my horoscope says I should be abroad by now.. and this guy said that I was born in the Middle East.. so this is like a foreign land to me.. so it's like living abroad..:)

santhoshi said...

Dhamikka- Shall check out the site

Missingsandwich - There is this lady who reads, I shall mail you her contact number. I dont want to post her number here. Have not gone yet but my friend said she is really good. Mail me santhoshi2007ster@gmail.com will send number. Let me know how she is..
If you do read tarot cards you should do it professionaly if you have time cause there is a market for that kind of thing here.

indyana- i have a problem with leaving comments on many blogs including yours, missing sandwich, kill me romeo and few others.

there is something wrong with the sites or something. Marina beach is famous for that kind of thing and sometimes i think they guess and kind of get it right. the genuine soothsayers get a bad name cause of the fake ones

LD - I was going to ask you to mail the palm readers number, very sorry to hear that he has passed away. :(

Lady divine said...

yea i know.. it's sad he died..

i've never had this tarot cards thingy... could i give it a try? any idea how much she charges and where and stuff? if yes, I'll mail you..:)

santhoshi said...

Ld I can give you her number you can call and find out. i have not called and spoken to her so no idea how much she charges and all. A friend went to her and said she is good and gave the number. I have got tarots read in india. It was pretty accurate.