Monday, March 24, 2008

Nanny Nightmares Part 2

Get back from work on Wednesday Evening contemplating whether I should go attempt the gym ball disaster or go check the odel 10% sale for the second time. It’s the long weekend miserably I am alone with the kids for the 12 Th week in a row. Pick up the kids and Nanny looks very happy.

Nanny: I’ll see you on Monday.

Me thinking(wait isn’t that like getting the days wrong Monday is like four days away I have to work on Saturday)

Me: I am working on Saturday, so you have to come in.

Nanny: No I am going on a trip I told you like months ago. (This is a blatant lie of sorts because I always remember if she asks for holidays like a long weekend) I am going out of Colombo will be back only on Sunday.

Me thinking (damn it she gets more holidays that I do)

Nanny : I get more holidays that you do

Is that a jinx or what

Nanny : You know you really should take a holiday you look really tired and unhappy all the time.

Me thinking ( I am going to lose my temper , no no you cant this is the woman who cares for your kids so that you can chase after your job. She is nice to them and does not hit or scold them. You cannot find another nanny!!! @$&(@*$).

Me : Have a good holiday and please don’t take Monday off.

I had to skip the gym ball lesson and ate a milky way instead. This is like disaster I am not going to work on Saturday and I have four days off with no plans on what to do. So hurriedly call every single down south resort all are full then call negombo again full. This was getting ridiculous I was making my weekend longer than necessary by panicking endlessly. Decided I will take things as they come and spend the weekend right here in Colombo. The kids were of course overly excited that they had me all alone with them for four days. Drove me nuts on Wednesday night by getting high on too much chocolate and overdose of cartoon network.

The rest of the weekend was another story altogether.

No comments: