Friday, May 2, 2008

Customer Care at Banks

After the disastrous Bank affairs in India which I posted last week, this week I had to visit two Banks in Colombo. I must hand it out but the girl handling the account was very helpful and friendly. This particular bank earlier a couple of times I have had some nasty experiences. So it was even more impressing to me the way the girl was very attentive and actually made a difference in the banking experience. I was being my usual serious self (which is work mode when I am the B from hell). End of us going through accounts non stop she was really trying to be friendly. In the end cracked a few jokes and wrapped up happily.

After than proceeded to another bank (again no names mentioned). This guy was on the mobile I was getting calls non stop as well. The meeting which should have been finished in 10 mins was dragging on forever since we both could not concentrate. At one point I was on the phone and suddenly had this eerie feeling. I looked out of the corner of my eye this guy was just staring quietly. Quickly cut the call short and said sorry and started talking. He was still staring and by this point I was not feeling comfortable at all. The thing is I do slightly know him outside our work affairs as well and he was behaving quite strangely. Well maybe he was having a horrid day as well. Or he just realized that I had two horns growing out of my head.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well atleast your sure that he was staring at your face... right? So it's something. :)

santhoshi said...

oh dear i did not even think like that. Yes yes i am sure he was starting at my face.. ( am i now ?!!)