Friday, May 9, 2008

Disaster Management with an astrologer

This is not about the Myanmar disaster relief. Although my problems are no where near what the people in Myanmar are going through right now. We should all help in whatever way possible. In this short span of life I cannot stop but think what would those villagers have been thinking when the cyclone hit them? It’s really sad that such natural disasters do have to occur.

These disasters in my life have taken a greater turn with my mom and sister running into the rescue with an astrologer. (This must be like the 15th that we have seen). So anyways I completely refused to go with them but then in the end with my mom doing what mothers usually do (nagging) had to go with them. The place is really dodgy in a dodgy area the astrologer looked like a normal our neighbor sort of guy.

After looking at the boxes of my times and drawing more and more charts his prediction was that I am in a real disaster and its not going to be better. I love the way how life takes this turn where you go with some sort of hope and then you learn that no shit happens and you just got to live with it. He kept reading and saying different things (not all good stuff either). First I was listening with a smirky smile then of course got a bit engrossed in the stuff he was saying since some of it did make sense. My mom of course could not bear to hear the bad news that life is not going to be all flowers and bonbons but have I considered separation (this was from the astrologer). No mum wants to hear the D word and the Indian mom that is worse than being ousted from your caste and community. My mom was weeping at this total stranger and sister looked shell shocked (clearly). I was of course bit worried that mum might fall into this mans shoulder and weep some more (have no clue why I thought this). So anyways I stopped him and said now tell me is there anything good happening in my life. He was kind enough to put forward that except the personal stuff everything else will be good. Apparently my horoscope is a perfect match to Jacqueline Kennedy. (Right I don’t have her figure but maybe the only similarity might been the love for shoes and bags and clothes). At a logical moment was wondering how he looked at Jackie’s Horoscope (I mean come on what are the chances?)

Astrologer was a bit worried with the mother weeping non stop and going on to talk about what a bright good child I was in my childhood and some sin she committed has put me in this situation. Clearly this is having a cuckoo effect on mom. Stopped her again and asked what the solution. It was simple enough he told me to pray. As if I have not done enough of that already. But he kept saying no I am serious you have to pray. So today morning woke up to break that new resolution of not praying and made it to temple to do some serious talks with the gods. I don’t know if they are hearing what I have been saying. I can’t believe that I am paying for some Karmas of my last birth. I really hope I am not born again into this world to keep paying for sins that I might have committed in this birth…

Well with that officially the blog is going to be anonymous for the rest of its life….. (except for the handful who know me J )

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haven't you wondered, if Astrologers can predict the future with certain accuracy, why aren't they millionaire's or incredibly successful?

I mean at least wouldn't they tag on to someone who's stars are good?

Sympathies re: family situ. Sometimes its just better to walk away from a situation that gives you grief than wallow and wallow in it.

Word from someone who's been there , done that. It does not get any better even if you leave.

My honest advice, stick it out. Things will get better.

And once again, we never know what goes on in someone's house, life. So you know best.

d

Anonymous said...

I strongly believe that what ever choice you make, it's upto you to make it or late fate make it for you. What ever the case we're behind you. The good thing abt hard times is they dont last for ever, although it might seem like it. There is light at the end of the tunnel. Just that they've cut down a bit on the brightness, due to the soaring electricity bills :)

santhoshi said...

Thanks D I think right now its going to be stick it out and has to get better

Chaarmax- thanks you made me smile about the electricity...

Bimmy said...

What is with our mothers and astrologers??? I think almost every mother is like that. I have had endless arguments in the past with my mother when trying to convince her not to go to any astrologer.

BTW, which astrologer did you go to see. Is that the guy in Borella?

Lady divine said...

everything in life happens for a reason and we can't expect only good in life.. shit happens... bad things happen and we have to live by it..

But that doesn't mean that we dont try to make things work and give in that extra effort...

I'm very sorry to hear about your family situation... but it's life... I hope that things will work out for the best... my blessings and wishes are with you.....

take care... pray if it helps.. and hope everything will be fine..

santhoshi said...

Bimal - yes the borella one. have u been to him?

LD- i hope things get better too.....

Bimmy said...

"have u been to him?"

Have I ever! Yes, several times,... well technically I haven't been to him but I've taken my mother to him several times. And also had the misfortune of having to sit through the entire escapade.

Only good thing I could see was the fact that he can be visited after-hours. So I didn't have to put leave from office.

Lady divine said...

off topic - u have been tagged...
pls read my blog..:)

Anonymous said...

Santhoshi...firstly, I'm so saddened to hear that you are going through some pain.for me prayer got me through a lot...although, I would add it does not "solve" everything, perhaps helps you get some patience, and strength.It will solve if it has to....I find!Till then do consider other options,ways of dealing with said problem.Sometimes it works when you just leave it alone, but sometimes you have to take things by the horns, but knowing the difference is vital!Good luck...wish you better times very soon!

santhoshi said...

thanks Indyana I am still struggling with prayers and as you put it taking it by the horns and being patient ( but i am doing it all together so thats where i am messing up i think)...