Wednesday, May 7, 2008

God and I

So god appeared in full glory in front of me and said
”What would be your three wishes whatever granted”
Me being the Good person I am said “ World Peace, Food for the poor , Happier Sri lanka”
Well that was an attempt at a dry joke.

I have just stopped praying for the fourth day in a row. I don’t think Hinduism does say you have to pray everyday. But I was praying everyday and visiting temples like no tomorrow. Due to misery in my personal life in general I had to blame it on someone. First thought was my parents who brought me into this world but then again poor souls how were they suppose to predict that my life was going to be one big carnival (Not). Then I realized I had to blame it on someone else so its god. I tried having an annoyed conversation with God but stopped since I might look like a mental talking to oneself. I don’t know how long I am going to continue this, but then again could things get worse that it is already if I don’t pray. Hemmm that’s a thought to think about for now.

5 comments:

Diaspora Voices said...

Hello You

Tried a 'Om Navagraha Shanthi' or 'Ganesha Abishekam' pooja?

Captain Gardens Temple is really good. Swami Maheshwara is very good.

Works wonders for me. :)

Tc

santhoshi said...

I used to go there everyday. tried out all that you have said...

Lady divine said...

sometimes, what you need is a change in attitude and mindset..:)

I know what you feel like... I used to blame my parents too... for bringing me to this world... but like you said, it's not their fault at all.. Imagine your kids telling you that one day..... sucks no..:)

Take things easy.. nothing in life is easy..or goes the way we want.. when the time is right... things will fall into place.. that's what I believe in...

Look at the things you have, others may not.. think of this as a precious day to live... and a gift you have....

Live each day and try not to be sad or depressed.. for later you realise it wasn't worth it..

I wish I could give you a big hug right now.. and share this happy feeling I have in me... Im happy for no reason actually.. and I like it, coz it doesn't happen all the time...

Take care Santhoshi.. and may you be blessed...:)

*hugzz*

Angel said...

Hey.... hope things turn out better soon. Dobn't lose faith. *HUG* (for what it's worth...!)

santhoshi said...

Thanks LD And angel...