Monday, September 22, 2008

Book fair

Went to the book fair last morning, every year it’s the same old same old. Crowds were huge. Books everywhere I was getting a bit dizzy seeing all these books. I love books (I think on par with shoes and bags).

At the BMICH entrance was refused to enter politely but firmly since we were suppose to have a pass. Nobody told me that. Went to the side entrance where we could supposedly find parking but none. It was full on an early Sunday morning. Drove back, took an auto.

I had a field day; I bought crappy books, nice books, kids books. Took nine year old D, who also has got the book craze, she picked these teenage kind of books. Said no, watched her face fall, then did quick mental calculation that if I say no, she would still borrow from a friend and read it. So did the next thing bought it for her. Whatever she asked I got her. I think I am kind of getting better in the parenting skills.

Got some books for s on moral values and good habits. He was not impressed to say the least and immediately jumped on noddy. Well who am I trying to kid, the five year old knows what he wants.

The best part of the book fair most of the stalls are giving a 20% discount. It’s full worth the visit. Its on until the 28th of Sep at BMICH.

6 comments:

Lady divine said...

i heard the stalls were bigger this time...
i want to go.. but when i heard the parking issue.... I was trying to figure out when the best time to go would be....

santhoshi said...

Ld: If u go during daytime parking will not be an issue. Evenings must be crowded. go during the week..... Maybe only sunday they were being fussy about parking...

santhoshi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bimmy said...

Good news if the stalls are bigger this time. Usually it is a pain to "swim" through the crowds into those extra narrow book isles. 20% off huh? Must check it out.

santhoshi said...

yes the stalls are bigger this time. i am planning to visit again.

Anonymous said...

OOh! I love book fairs! You lucky ducky!