Friday, September 26, 2008

1/2 sale at CC

The word sale in bright red, how it beckons me like a light at the end of a tunnel. Best friend calls me up and usual chit chat and mentions that Cotton collection has a 1/2 sale. Was on my way to temple and i turned the car towards the sale (I did pray in the morning). Jumped off and raced into the shop. Half of colombo was in there grabbing clothes by the dozen.

As i walked in could feel the musty parana smell. Obviously old stuff, is that not the point you turn and leave. No i pushed shoved my way in and there i was with all these clothes. As usual the connection to the brain cells goes a bit slow when i see clothes. I grabbed quite a bit and was wondering why the hell were women standing and trying them on in the middle of the shop. Why could they not go into the dressing room. There i was with a arm full of clothes and trying to go into dressing room, there was no dressing room. They had been kind enough to lock everything up so we can try on like the house of fashion way.

Now i was in a dilemma do i do this but there were some guys who had accompanied girls and some of them were checking out not their girls but the others. While contemplating what to do i felt a stare, looked up to see a man staring at me then boru accent and "dont i know u". The girls arround me a few of them, although busy grabbing clothes like they were going to shut down all clothes shop, stopped to watch. I was silent for a minute trying to remember. Since these days the brain cells are a bit slow to register i cant remember a face. Racked my brain nope. no signal there. the silence between me and the man and the girls was deathly. Just smiled and mumbled and walked off thats what i did.

I did not try any clothes in fear of dont laugh but what if someone takes pics. ok all were trying it on top of what they were wearing but anyways.

Have i told how much i love clothes. Anyways ran home and locked myself in the room to try on the beauties. D was quite suspicous and started knocking on the door as if the wicked witch had come home. Had to let her in, give her what i got her. Everything fit like a glove. so excited and what a deal. Obviously will have to store it away and wear the stuff after there months since all will be walking around in half sale cc clothes........

Today is the last day for CC sale.

3 comments:

The Good Witch said...

Wow! 1/2 sale???poor me.I'm totally broke at the moment.

last time I visited, they had some fresh and extremely beautiful white kurta tops..very very expensive! :(

Dee said...

argh...its usually wayyy too overpriced.

but oh i do love the odd jumble sale :) come to think of it, most of my clothes are from em hehehe...i like the vintage stuff..its out of the ordinary also..

santhoshi said...

Eppie- They are overpriced most times cause of u really go to all the sales the same stuff will be there in a cardboard box for half the price...

DeeCee-the half sale is a real bargain since the price is really slashed. there was a sale on at SLECC as well. There also same old u have to really look and bargain with those ones