Monday, September 22, 2008

Credit card bills n jewellery

Went to school to pick up the kids and was silent participator of a conversation between two ladies S and L .

L : Did you go to the jewellery sale, it was so fab

Me cluelessly looking around had no idea what the sale was nor have I bought a rock recently (like in the last decade)

S : yes I looked nice stuff

L : I bought loads of stuff but my husband knows nothing

Me uh light bulb going off something does not sound right.

S : Doesn’t he pay your bills or u have a parents trust fund

I am still silent conversationalist in this talk, trust fund, wow

L : Credit card that he has given me, but he wont know

Me : Isnt your husband an accountant ?

L : yes he is a very important accountant (bit of boasting about the man with the numbers). I tear the first bill and wait for the second bill and he will pay without checking the balance is carried forward

S and me just looked at each other in shock…….

2 comments:

Bimmy said...

Oh dear... I'd hate him to be my accountant. :-(

santhoshi said...

Bimal- yes i second that.