Monday, September 1, 2008

The neck...

It was sunday morning and the five year old was busy scribbling sorry drawing on his art book.

Me : what r u drawing

S : you mummy lots of pictures of u

(my daughter just gives a smirky smile since s spends half of his time adoring me with compliments of sorts and has me wrapped around his little finger)

So the pictues come of a big fat face and a stick leg n hands, there was something wierd connecting the body and the face the neck was a stick with a big round thing next to it. (no i dont look like an alien of sorts)

Me : what is that sweet heart

S : This (and he points at my neck which really hurts)

Indeed there is a swelling which i have not noticed and it hurt. I am one of those really excited cases who gets panicky on illness. Immediately decided that it was thyroid related, or some other complicated disease. Call up friend whose a doc and she patiently told me not to imagine the worst to get it checked. So here I am waiting for the day to end to get it checked.

The wierd thing was spent half the night almost in panic of some life threatening disease ( yes i can get a bit dramatic its a genetic thing). Do people actually do that wonder how life goes on if they die suddenly. My biggest worry was the kids and will H get remarried...

6 comments:

Lady divine said...

Santhoshi - you think way toooooooo much!!
I can imagine your fear and it's perfectly normal to think like that.. I know my mum used to be like you... she still is... But lets live for the moment...one day at a time... :)

Anonymous said...

oh you hypochondriac! Ease up now! but, yes, you are doing the right thing getting it checked! Keep us posted good luck!:)

ViceUnVersa said...

Keep us posted. I do trust all's well. JSK

Darwin said...

I confess I'm as bad. I had a slight headache and felt a bit achey after returning from holiday (naturally, as a result of just travelling for almost 24hrs!) and my first though was 'oh hell, I've got malaria!' (I was in Kenya a few weeks previously).

But yeah, good think you're getting it checked out :)

santhoshi said...

Hi Thanks so much for all your messages. Its a lymph gland swelling due to some infection. The problem was they started talking biopsy blah blah, thats why got scared. I am healthy and well. as the saying goes "only the good die young" hehe ... so i am going to live a 100

Anonymous said...

Great to know that it's something manageable! Take care of yourself!:)