Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Giving life…

Had the opportunity to meet a couple who had adopted a baby. I know the father from work since we are on a project together. He was away for some weeks and told me that his wife had a baby. Last week while at work, while I was busy teasing him about fatherhood and the works. He said I needed to talk to u about it actually we adopted. I was so thrilled and happy for him and he just started pouring his heart out. The adoption was not supported by his or her parents. He also said how his neighbors were giving trouble and being very nasty to them since they adopted. They had even complained to police. I was seriously dumbstruck. I know there are cases of buying and selling babies but what about the genuine cases where couples do want to give a baby a life.

Our people are such if a woman does not have a baby they ill treat and due to medical reasons u can’t have u adopt they are still very nasty to u.

Giving life to a baby is one of the many generous deeds anyone could do. I had always wanted to do that but as the above case my parents and in laws would never support it. Without that support I could never do it. I know of couples who don’t have kids and don’t adopt due to this and many other reasons.

2 comments:

Bimmy said...

I agree completely. It is a win-win situation for both sides... how on earth can it be bad? I know Sri Lanka has a very rigorous adoption process to curb baby trafficking - so, go for it I say - and good on you for people choosing to adopt!

Jack Point said...

Agreed. We need more of this.