Tuesday, April 1, 2008

April Fools Day

Few years back I used to be really obsessed about not getting fooled on April fools day and take great pains in fooling other people. Recently for some reason I don’t get bothered much about this little ritual.
This morning while getting ready to work D the eight year old comes up and says the nanny called and that she won’t be coming in. I was so panicked and was on high alert since this is disaster with a big D. Hurriedly call nanny to find out that it is not so but can she have the day off. Quickly say no and look at D who burst out laughing with I fooled you. I got so annoyed but did not say anything. Now, looking at it I feel upset that I did not hold the moment and join the laughter. Sometimes you get caught up with your own world and step out of a kid’s world…

4 comments:

Dili said...

Everyone needs to let the kid in them out to play sometime... why not April 1st? I always go around wishing Happy Birthday :) lol

Anonymous said...

we really all need to take a moment and remember that we are all kids and to forget how to be one again means we have lost a vital part of living..

Lady divine said...

well.. considering the fact that this happened in the morning, where everything is in a rush... you can't blame yourself or feel bad about the way you felt...:)

I keep forgetting this fools day nonsense and still get caught..:(

anywayz... there will be another one next yr... and perhaps I can help remind you to let the child in you to come out.. coz I let mine out whenever I can..:D

Anonymous said...

why not play one on D next year.. show that mummy has a kid in her... but don't wait a whole year to let the kid out.. atleast once a month.. in my case.. it's a daily ritual.. he he