Saturday, April 5, 2008

Praying and soothsayers

Went to this temple in Dehiwela after so many years. I don’t know why I have become so irregular with going to temples. Anyways get there and pray and come out feeling very peaceful and happy. Walking out I get accosted by a soothsayer. She kept on calling out to me saying sister. Just kept walking away she jumped in front of me and said I can see the unhappiness in your face.

Was thinking Yeah I am since you are not letting me leave with that happiness in praying. Try to get into the car the woman is right next to me. Too close for my comfort and she kept on blabbering. I know u are unhappy just listen to what I have to say. I was just going to lose my temper and yell at her. Thought I don’t want to create a scene and I have just prayed.

Now I am suppose to take the kids to this Chapel where they are having a fundraiser showing a movie. All the details of this are vague except I am supposed to meet up with a friend and a bunch of kids to go watch “chitty chitty Bang Bang”. My brother calls me up and wants to know what I am doing and when I tell him I am going for this movie. He says isn’t that an adults movie. I don’t know what my brothers imagining or been watching for that matter. I kindly reminded him that it’s playing at a chapel so I doubt its anything else. Think I have watched this when I was a kid but can’t remember. Anythings better than watching re runs of Barney and bratz.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Was one hell of a movie... from back in the day.. hope you enjoyed it once more with the kids. My niece attends the same class.. i think.. :)

santhoshi said...

Chaarmax- Sadly I was so bored, cant remember watching it before when i was a kid. the kids got so restless and had to leave qickly. Did not stay till the end :(. maybe it gets better after the interval