Thursday, April 24, 2008

Customer Care

I always have this feeling that some of the Banks in Colombo have crappy customer care. I had to eat my words when I was in Chennai since our Banks give much better response than those guys do. Call the bank up and check what time they start working and they say come at eight thirty. Just to be on the safe side I get there at nine thirty and the counter that I needed to get some work done was not operational until ten. There were a bunch of other staff around in other counters but they will not even answer or help any customers. (oh they have a fancy May I help you? Board but the guy does nothing just says ask the next counter).

Moving counter to counter asking the same repetitive question I go through about seven staffs of three who are women. The women just stared at me and were really nasty, I think they can tell when u look and dress Indian even, they know it when u are NRI ( non resident Indian). So sat down to wait patiently for half an hour while these women were looking me up and down non stop. Was staring right back at them thinking in my mind should have worn a pair of shorts what would they do then. There was all Indian glory with my new shalwar new bindi and all madrasi look. I was slowly and steadily losing my patience so ask for the manager. Guess what the answer was ask the sodding next counter. After good one hour the man who is suppose to attend to this crap comes and I tell him that I am really disappointed with the service. He just stares at me as if I have come for a loan and says nothing. They make me wait for a good another hour and when I am out of it, thoroughly drained (or so I thought but the heat further drained me) to do much else……..

Lesson I have learnt from this experience even if our local banks have crappy customer service I will bear and be nice to them cause really they are not that bad come to think of it….

3 comments:

Lady divine said...

hmm... what an experience....
actually some staff in private banks are better... lets not talk about the local ones..:D

Anonymous said...

Oh so u've had the same experience in india like i did..

*not to mention the name of bank* i couldnt transfer to my own acc of the same bank when i was in india, cos i wasn't residence!! why do they have somethin as INTERNATIONAL BANKS in the first place!!!

santhoshi said...

LD- I can happily say our local banks are a little bit better

LS- they are ridiculous with their rules like that, also they are very strict with sri lankans..