Thursday, April 24, 2008

Two nights in Chennai……

So all this ranting and raving about my miserable life, took matters into my hand and went to Chennai for the weekend. Of course the whole trip was on a programme and somewhat work related. But you can’t have the cake and eat it. Getting of at Chennai airport gives me a feeling of happiness and sadness all put into one. This is where I spent some of my happiest years of College life. Sadness was something petty the heat was unbearable. We keep complaining about our unpredictable Colombo weather with hot sun and splashing rains but Chennai was Hot with a capital H.

The whole weekend was filled with activities and only relaxing time was spent shopping for a couple of hours and meeting with best friend (another post for that) from college. We were trying to catch up with too much in a short while and I left with a feeling of not enough.

Shopping in Chennai is a big improvement from what it used to be. U name it you get it (I mean there is Benetton & mothercare). I was only able to make it to Spencers run around buying clothes (then regret not bought enough). Then do more shopping to buy Gifts (bribes) for the kids who were left behind at home.

Watched a last show Tamil movie, with some college students making their own comments and reviews about the movie while watching. Hemm if it was done here I would get pissed off. In Chennai I was laughing along with them.

4 comments:

Lady divine said...

wow... I think u needed this change..:)

and as for meeting the best friend...that would've been awesome!!!

Will be eagerly waiting for that post...:D

Anonymous said...

After eight yrs in Chennai, I do miss it out of habit, but not out of any fondness! I hate the mosquitoes water and electricity cuts and the fact that you get malaria and stuff at the drop of a hat!

santhoshi said...

LD : yes ld i have decided to take breaks like this on and off.

Indyana : i have been lucky to miss electricity cuts or getting sick. I guess you have to be careful with drinking water.

santhoshi said...

indyana : i hope u read this i cannot leave any comments on yours, mias blogs :( why is that?/