Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Religion and Life

Had to go for a wedding of my mom’s cook’s daughter last week. My cook had got a good proposal for her daughter and the girl is going abroad. The only thing was the girl had to convert to get married. She is a born Hindu. My mom was a bit upset that this girl was converting religion. I was quite and listened to her and told her that I don’t find anything wrong with her converting. Quite frankly if it was a choice of life and religion she would obviously chose life.

If converting from being a Hindu to another religion is the only ticket for that. She might as well do that and have a strong belief on the religion that gave her. For once, my mom was forced to agree with me that it did make sense.

I have this unhealthy relationship with religion. Unhealthy meaning I pray far too much and then get annoyed when my prayers are not answered and not pray for long periods. It’s very childish but that’s the way it has been.

No comments: