Monday, June 9, 2008

Various

Had to attend a meeting at one of our private companies. The collegue who was supposed to come dropped out last minute since he had something else to do. I cant mention the name of the company obviously since that would mean trouble at work place. Anyways get to the place and find out the manager who was suppose to meet me had of course forgotten the appointment and gone off somewhere so his assitant would attend.

The pretty girl at the reception showed me into a room where there was this man of about 45 (dont ask how i know his age just guessing) was seated. He said hello and asked me to explain the project blah blah. All was ok except i was looking at his face and talking and he was staring at my chest. He was having this conversation solely focused not looking at my face. With all my big talk i was very uncomfortable and really wanted to cry. Its a bit silly maybe but it was really a sick feeling being started at by a horrid looking man. Thankfully this other guy A came in and said the manager had told him to talk to me and took me out of the room. When i stepped out i was so releived i did not even say bye to the first idiot. A was really cordial and nice and thanks to him the presentation did not get messed up. This has not been my kind of month now has it. First with the photo taking idiot on the road and now some frustrated man in the office... I feel sorry for the girls in that place....

3 comments:

Darwin said...

Sounds awful. I would have cleared my throat a bit and said 'excuse me, my face is up here'.

Best defence is a good offence as they say.

Lady divine said...

ohhhh... sorry to hear about it.. but i think what Darwin says is right...
but at times like that, getting ur guts to say it can be tough sometimes...

santhoshi said...

Oh i really wish i had got my guts and said so but at that moment i really was very upset and could not think.