Thursday, July 10, 2008

Friend’s husband and my friend

Mum calls up in the middle of a work day whispering that she needs to talk to me urgently.

Me: why are u whispering?

Mum: I am at the jewelers

Me: (repeat same sentence) Why are u whispering

Mum: your friends here and your friend’s husband.

Me: Mum I don’t care why are u calling me about this

Mum: (repeats the same sentence again) your friends here and your friends husband

Me: amma I really have to go

Mum: iooo what is wrong with u your friends husband is here with another one of your friends

Me: what

Now real explanation to find out that a friends husband H and another friend (who is obviously not the wife) R are at the jewelers. Simple enough that they must have gone to buy something for H’s wife obviously. So tried to explain clearly to mum that they must be buying something for his wife. Mum thinks she is onto something and says no he is trying it on this one (the necklace or whatever) and patting her neck.

Me: Mum why don’t u move closer to their table and eavesdrop (this was in a sarcastic tone since I can’t tell my mum to please mind your own business)

Mum: Good idea I’ m moving tables

Shit what have I done now…? I really at that point thought there is some sort of mistake since my mum can have a vivid imagination… I was kidding about moving tables of course and she has taken it seriously.

I had non stop calls all day from my mum that definitely he has bough 400000 worth of jewels for friend (not wife). I just let my mom have a dose of bold n beautiful Colombo style and did not try to correct her. As life has its wonderful ways within two days I was called for lunch With H‘s wife and some friends. H was there but avoiding the friend who he has been with at the jewelers and not making contact very obviously. I don’t know I did not do what women usually do and discuss it with another woman there but had to get it out of my system so blogged it here.

I can’t really go up to friend and tell her this story without getting my facts right. I could not ask other friend what she was doing at the jewelers because I felt odd. So now I am part of this saga or is this all a mistake???

14 comments:

realskullzero said...

hehe..soOoo u cundt tell ur friends?,hmm so putting it up on the blogsphere..Brilliant...lolz..ny ways nice post..real dilemma u r in nw..

ViceUnVersa said...

Piece of advice through experience. Keep away as difficult as it may seem.

"KILL THE MESSENGER"

I have so many times embarked on tidings of ill will and ended up being the one at fault.

Run...

Although I must admit it sounds quite exciting. LKR400,000? hmmm...

santhoshi said...

vice- my mums the messenger here right? :P
I am seriously keeping out of it....
400,000 yes u can get a good interest if u put it on FD at least 19%

realskull - that crowd does not read so i am sure blogsphere is like mars to them.... so story is safe here :)

Anonymous said...

With 400K he can sleep with 800 women. So either the guy is a serious nutjob or those two must have something very special.

Either way, your friend is better off without him.

santhoshi said...

me - so u are telling me to go n tell her?

TheWhacksteR said...

Bad situ to be in. if he's a cheater, he will eventually get caught (he doesnt seem to be being too descreet), if you care about his wife then maybe you can extremely discreetly find a way of letting her realize hrself.

or follow the most classic and proven-to-be-most-useful advice in cases such as these.

WAIT and SEE! time will tell.

Anonymous said...

Why is it that it is never for the wife? sad.sad.sad.

Keep out of it.silence is golden.

Li

Anonymous said...

yapp.. seems like ur mom is on to something.. keep away and keep us updated through this blog they never check.. :P

Anonymous said...

If I was you I would blackmail him and ask him for sexual favours.

But you're not me. Your best option would be to confront him and tell him how big of a loser he is for being afraid to tell his wife what he really feels. Do congratulate him on finding his love afterwards.

ViceUnVersa said...

Oi "kill the messenger" is an expression. Therefore, if you give your friend the news she will eventually blame you. What the hell is wrong with you today?

And I can't believe you thought that I would leave that piece of crap up about the blackmail.

How rude! I am very hurt.

Anonymous said...

If it was me I would have asked at the lunch about the gold! ;) hope they really bought the stuff for your friend (the wife). Is there an anniversary or similar coming up?

santhoshi said...

vice - i am so sorry i did not relate the black mail to u ... i got confused as well

I know that kill the messenger is an expression ioo was trying to crack a joke which went wrong...


Kalusuda- Surely no birthday am not sure about anniversary. I really did not want to put my foot in my mouth (which i am always doing anyways)

Jack Point said...

This is super gossip, keep us updated and post more stuff like this. Blogosphere very boring these days.

Scrumps said...

Lol at JP! But so true! I think you should confront the husband or keep quiet.